Discover enables rewards redemption via Apple Pay
Discover announced this week that it will enable its cardholder to redeem Cashback Bonus rewards for a statement credit through Apple Pay, according to a press release.
Discover is the first major credit card issuer to offer the ability to redeem rewards after a purchase through Apple Pay.
"Cashback Bonus redemption through Apple Pay can happen in just two touches for Discover card members," said Szabolcs Paldy, vice president of e-business for Discover, in the release. "We are committed to providing simple and valuable solutions to our customers wherever and whenever they need them. Customer experience hinges on embracing mobile-first technologies like Apple Pay, and this new ability will make Cashback Bonus redemption even easier and more convenient for our card members."
Discover Cashback Bonus redemption through Apple Pay requires an iPhone 6 or later. Card members must have:
- A Discover card added to Apple Pay.
- The Discover Mobile app version 8.9.0 or above installed.
- A rewards balance higher than purchase amount.
In order to redeem Cashback Bonus for statement credit through Apple Pay, Discover card members just:
- Make a qualifying purchase with a Discover card using Apple Pay on an iPhone.
- Select "Tap for Details" under the Discover redemption message in Apple Wallet.
- Then tap to redeem Cashback Bonus as a statement credit in the amount of the purchase.